Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

StraCurl / DigiPerm at BeautyBrick Salon ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Since I was a kiddo, I've always had bad hair days.  My hair is suuuper wavy, buhaghag, frizzy and thick.  I envy those who have super straight and shiny hair.  I started having my hair straightened back when I was in grade 5. Back then, it was called "hair relax" and I am satisfied with it -- somehow.  I had my hair relaxed year after year. But every time I look at my old photos, I couldn't believe that I was ok with it back then. haha! My hair was still frizzy and fluffy even after it was relaxed. o_O

Anyway, when I was in college, the answer to all hair problems was born --- HAIR REBOND. Haha! This was the answer to my years of hair woes.  Indeed, it made my hair problems vanish in an instant.  New friends thought that my long shiny hair was my natural hair and it made me happy.

We all know that women are very fickle-minded. One minute we want something and the next thing you know, we've decided to want another thing instead. And yes, I am one of them. :-P Seven years has passed and now I want some change.  I'm tired of having my hair rebonded year after year so this time around, I've decided to have my hair permed.

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Tony and Jackey Salon thus, I've decided to look for other options.  I stumbled upon BeautyBrick Salon which also have a lot of great reviews online.  I searched for it in some forums and indeed, I've decided that this is the right salon for me. :-)  Within that week, I've made reservations and decided to have my hair permed.




Here are some pictures of my hair before the perm:


If you would notice, the regrowth already shows some wavy hair as my last hair rebond was 7 months ago (Dec 2010) so naturally, my "original/natural hair" would have already grown longer.  I usually have my hair rebonded once or twice a year so now is really the right time to have it rebonded or permed -- and so I chose the latter.

In BeautyBrick Salon, they also offer a service called StraCurl which means StraightCurl.  With this, they first rebond the upper half of your hair and then perm the lower portion --- just how I like it.  And so, I chose to have StraCurl that weekend. :-)



If you would notice, the salon is jam-packed thus, I would really suggest that you call and reserve a slot before going there so you could be sure that you'll be attended to.

I arrived at the salon at 10AM and usually, the service is finished after 3 hours but since I had StraCurl, it took me longer than usual.  I was done by 3:30PM, still shorter than the time it takes every time I have my hair rebonded (which is minimum of 8 hours)

Before the StraCurl, Mr. Shin would first cut your hair.  This is important because it would really help a lot so your hair won't look fluffy after your hair has already been curled.  I suggest you let him decide what to do because he knows what's best for you. :-)


Mr Shin, the owner of the salon, also makes sure that everything is ok.  He is a hands-on owner and its a good sign that he really knows his field very well.  It also shows that he cares for his customers and that, he won't just let everything be under the supervision of his stylists.

So far, this is the best salon experience I've ever had.  You would really feel taken cared for and they always ensure that you're relaxed throughout your stay. :-)  The stylist are all very attentive and approachable. This is also a plus point for customers. :-)

After 5hours, here's the finished product (haha)





BeautyBrick Hair Art Salon
Unit 103 Dona Consolacion Bldg.
122 Jupiter St. Bel Air, Makati
Tel. Nos. 473-5108 / 0917-5200044

Landmark: beside Red Ribbon


UPDATE as of 13 July 2011: 
For those of you who are curious as to how my hair look now that I've already washed and shampooed (at last!), here's the picture with my teammate, Dustine. :-)


UPDATE as of 10 January 2013:
Sorry for the late update, but if you guys are curious as to how my 2nd digiperm last April 2012 went, click here.


42 comments:

  1. In fairness, it added spice and appeal to your beauty. How I wish my hair is that straight so I can have my ends curled. I am naturally curly, but it doesn't look as nice as your curls. Thanks for sharing, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love curly hair and had my perm before, but it was really hard to manage afterwards. Maybe I'm just lazy LOL. I never had a digiperm though, is it hard to maintain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nicely - try having your hair rebonded then after some months, try to have it digipermed. My natural hair is also wavy thus I had my hair rebonded every 6 months or so :)

    @Mars - not that hard as I expected actually. Except for putting the product after you take a shower, you twirl the hair, let it dry and that's about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the curls. Now I have a reason to let my hair grow longer. Must try it soon! Yay! Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello :) super nice locks! how much have you spent for it? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @luna - thanks :)

    @anonymous - If you'll just have the digiperm, it would cost you Php3,500 but since I had the other half rebonded, total damage was Php4,800 + tip. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so nice.. :) may i just ask, is it medium curl?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, its medium sized. I believe they used size 15 & 18 for my hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there! does the salon accept credit cards? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! :) Currently, they don't accept credit cards yet so be sure to bring cash and don't forget to make reservations first as they're always fully booked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Khawen,

    I'll be having stracurl tom. Hope it turns great like yours. Btw, how you maintain the curls, what are you using?

    Thanks,
    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mer, great! time for a change yeah? :)
    I use Monea. You can find it at Watsons. Just always part, twist and scrunch, that's the secret. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi! ur hair is great! im also planning to have stracurl at bb..but is it possible to have my top hair rebond at different salon where i had it previously? because it's my gay frend who always rebond my hair..im afraid i will not have a result like yours coz i have short bangs..pls rply..tia!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! :) Thanks for the compliment. :)
    Yes its ok to have the upper half rebonded at a different salon. You can opt to get their digiperm service instead of what I've got (StraCurl) which is half rebond for the upper half and digiperm for the lower half. Digiperm in beautybrick is Php3,500. HTH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! How is your hair today? Are they still curly? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! Surprisingly, the curls are still the same except that my hair is somewhat longer now. :) I think its because I really try to maintain it by using Monea everyday to preserve the curls. So should you get a digiperm, I suggest to maintain it by using Monea after you take a bath as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you'll just have the digiperm, it would cost you Php3,500 but since I had the other half rebonded, total damage was Php4,800 + tip. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. How about your hair today? still curly? how much did u give for a tip? is it ok if ill give them just 200? hehehe. and how did u treat ur hair after getting the treatment? what sahmpoo do you use?? is your hair becmo dry?? thank you so much khawen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the late response. My hair is still looking great. :) I think it's much better now because the curls are bigger thus looking more natural. :) I gave 200php tip as well :)
      I still use the same shampoo -- Sunsilk Green or Pantene Green variant.

      Delete
  20. i have a curly hair. But i just got my hair rebonded last august 2011, what service do you think should i think?
    the roots of my hair is somewhat curly now...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe you can have your roots rebonded? :) or if you want to try digiperm, then get the stracurl so they can rebond the upper portion then curl the lower portion of your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi. I love your curls! My hair is manipis and previously rebonded. 6 mos na this month. Ok na ba to have my hair permed? or will the curls stick since manipis hair ko? will appreciate to hear from you. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mish. Best thing to do would be to ask the hairdresser so you'll be sure if its ok to have it permed but usually after 6 months would be ok but it really depends on the condition of your hair :)

      Delete
  23. ....how much did it cost you to have that gorgeous hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you'll just have the digiperm, it would cost you Php3,500 but since I had the other half rebonded, total damage was Php4,800 + tip. :D

      Delete
  24. Hi! ganda nga ng curls mo. I went to hair2go salon to have a digiperm but they told me my hair isnt suited for digiperm, after looking into it. they did cold wave instead, making me so pissed off. i really should not be very stingy especially on hair procedures, it would create more damage and I would end up spending more. :( So I will try to rush to BB salon, though its expensive for me, I know I will reap the artista like look. hehe. but if i may ask, does it still cost 3500 or 4800 until now. I hope so... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi ate Khawen, ask ko lang kung wala na ba silang ibang branch? and kapag po ba humahaba yung hair kulot paren? hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response. Wala na silang ibang branch eh, si Mr Shin (owner) kasi mismo ang gumugupit and nagsusupervise. Shempre yung tumutubo, kung ano yung natural hair mo, ganun parin. Ang kulot lang, yung pinadigiperm mo. :)

      Delete
  26. Hi Ms. K! I love your curls. It's been more than a year.. do you still have your hair curls? Is it easier to maintain now? I'm planning to visit BB next quarter. I'm just hesitant kc almost 5 years na kong rebonded hair. But I also want a change... :) Thanks :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mye, I had my second digiperm last April and so far, I'm loving it because the curls are bigger, just how I wanted it :)

      If you want, you can try sizes 18 and 21 for bigger curls :)

      Delete
  27. hi sis..!

    ilang months naglast sayo ung curl??
    curl to wavy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :)

      Actually, this depends on how well you maintain and take care of your curls. For me, I've had my first digiperm last July 2011 and my second one last April 2012. Though it's kinda late na, I'll be posting my April 2012 digiperm in this blog narin so you guys can check how my curls looked back then. :)

      Delete
  28. Hi guys! If you're curious as to how my 2nd digiperm went last April 2012, check out my new post at http://karenkeng.blogspot.com/2013/01/2nd-digiperm-at-beautybrick-salon.html

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi. I want to perm my hair on December, same salon. But my hair is still rebonded, already 5 months. Is it ok to permed my hair if its still rebonded (1 year if I will permed my hair on December)? Which is better Stracurl or the other perm? And they have different sizes of curls? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest you go directly to the salon and have your hair examined. They'll check your hair personally if its healthy for a digiperm. They'll tell you naman if hindi pa pwede yung hair mo. :) If you have natural wavy hair, I suggest you go for the Stracurl. However, if you have natural straight hair, then digiperm would suffice. :) Yes, they do have different sized for the curls so you can choose which you would prefer. :)

      Delete
  30. How I wish my experience was same as yours. Mine turned out bad. I availed the digiperm service of EdwinLisa Salon at their JP Rizal branch in Makati using the Metrodeal voucher. It was a total of almost 6hrs of procedure and it cost me 4k (incl. root color, treatment, half rebond) but the result was frustrating. I was told that I’m okay to leave even if my hair was still dripping wet and was applied with 10-12pumps of curling lotion. When my hair finally dried, it was so stiff and heavy. My hair looked so messy and frizzy. I don’t know what to do with my hair now, I even messaged the fb page of EdwinLisa but they did not reply. I had my digiperm at a Korean Salon last year but the result was beautiful and it even cost me less (ensogo voucher 1.8k only).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joann, So sorry for what happened to your hair :( I suggest you go back to EdwinLisa salon and demand them to fix it.
      You are a paying customer and they weren't able to give the service you paid for; so it is your right to demand they fix it.

      Years ago, my aunt went to David's Salon and had her hair straightened but the hair straightening creme used didn't work properly on her and made her hair frizzy and brittle. She got so mad and demanded that they fix it, so every day, she went to the salon and they gave her hair spa treatments until her flight out from Manila. It didn't fix her hair 100% but at least, it got better. :)

      Delete
  31. Hi what conditioner and shampoo did u use for ur stracurl? I have my hair done in tnj. Half rebond and permed. Can i use herbal essence totally twisted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Normally I just use Pantene or TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner. Haven't tried Herbal Essence Totally Twisted, but I think it would be just fine since it's for curly hair. :)

      Delete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system