Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

3rd DigiPerm at BeautyBrick Salon ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Yes, I knowww...this post has been long overdue. >__<  Sorry guys for letting you wait THIS LONG for the 3rd review of my DigiPerm. Anyway, lets get straight to the review and pictures, shall we? :)



So let's take a recap. I had my 2nd DigiPerm last April 2012, and this 3rd DigiPerm was done last January 2013. Yep, its been 2 years since this procedure was done. :D But anyway, to give you a brief background of my 2nd DigiPerm, I opted for just the "digiperm" and didn't go for StraCurl which is half rebond and half curls. Why? Simply because its cheaper to just have the lower end curled. I paid Php 3,300 + 200 tip for the 2nd DigiPerm vs. my 1st which was Php 5,000.00 + tip!

That's the reason why my hair is so unruly. I have natural waves and you can see below how wavy it is.




So, here we are at the ever famous Beauty Brick Salon for my 3rd DigiPerm. This time, I had the StraCurl because my hair is so unruly. 

Definition: StraCurl means Straight Curl. They rebond the upper half of your hair, and curl the lower part of your hair. Plain and simple. :)

1st Step: The Rebond



2nd Step: The Curls




Here are the different sizes of curls available. I requested for the 21mm and 18mm to be used for natural looking waves.



And here's the final outcome :) Tadaaaa! Goldilocks? Nope. LOL!







It really feels good when you get pampered and pretty. I liked the final outcome of my hair and I can't keep my smile off my face. But then again, curled hair needs to be crunched everyday so the curls would stay longer.  So, if you're planning to curl your hair, be ready to crunch everyday! :)


Since this post is already 2 years late since my last StraCurl, I've got photos of my curls 5 and 8 months after.  Here ya go! :)

5 months after

8 months after



BeautyBrick Hair Art Salon
Unit 103 Dona Consolacion Bldg.
122 Jupiter St. Bel Air, Makati
Tel. Nos. 473-5108 / 0917-5200044

Landmark: beside Red Ribbon

26 comments:

  1. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No other branch for beauty brick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I’m not sure if they have opened new branches recently but during those years that I got their service, they only have the Makati branch.

      Delete
  3. Hi! How will you manage the straight part of your hair to keep straight longer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi michelle! actually once the hair is rebonded, it will remain straight already and the only issue I had back then was the regrowth because I have natural wavy hair. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, I did exactly the same with my hair 2 and a half years and ago. Your before photos of unruly hair is exacty what my hair looks like before every perm. We have the same type of hair, length and texture. I opted for stracurl but they charged me 6300+ 200 tip so 6500. I'm planning for a stracurl again but now skeptical after reading this post coz I think they overcharged me last time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! you can ask for a discount since its your 2nd time na to have your stracurl at their salon. :) Otherwise, tell them that you've read na ganito lang ang presyo, baka bigyan ka nila ng discount. :) Possibly rin na same texture tayo ng hair but mas makapal saiyo pag hinawakan kaya they charged you that amount sis. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi I did exactly the same with my hair on my 2nd stracurl but first time at Beauty Brick Salon. I had my first at TnJ but its so expensive that's why I tried this salon. We have exactly the same unruly hair in between perms on your before photo(type, texture). They trimmed my waist long hair to breast length before the procedure but they charged me 6300+ 200 tip so its 6500 total. I'm planning for my 3rd perm but now skeptical because I think they overcharged me. How much did you pay for on your 3rd perm? You mentioned that you paid 5000+ on you first time. Did they charged you the same? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! you can ask for a discount since its your 2nd time na to have your stracurl at their salon. :) Otherwise, tell them that you've read na ganito lang ang presyo, baka bigyan ka nila ng discount. :) Possibly rin na same texture tayo ng hair but mas makapal saiyo pag hinawakan kaya they charged you that amount sis. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Ms. Karen, I'm planning to have my hair curled. Do you know kung suitable ba yung stracurl/digiperm if multiple times na nacolor yung hair? My hair was also rebonded for 7yrs and gusto ko na sana pahabain yung natural hair ko. Kaya lang hindi ko na matiis yung itsura ng hair ko, lol. Kasi wavy sa taas and flat sa baba. The feels! haha. My last hair rebond was June 2015. Kamusta na pala yung hair mo ngayon?

    Btw, ganda po ng series of review niyo! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :) I'm not sure if the effect would be the same kasi sa dami ng hair color that your hair went through, baka somewhat damaged na yun hair strands mo. I suggest you go to Beauty Brick and have your hair evaluated. Sila mismo magsasabi if it would still be ok or if need muna ipatreatment ang hair mo. :)

      My hair is naturally wavy, right now, hindi na muna ako nagpa-stracurl ulit. Pahinga muna ang hair. :)

      Thanks for the compliment sis! HTH. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi! May I ask how much is StraCurl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. It's Php 5,000.00 + tip for my hair length. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. I visit beauty bricks last week.. But then i didnt achieved the hair I want.. The perm looks like coming from a braids..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. You can go back to have it redone sis. I have a friend who has very fine hair strands and the curls didn't took effect immediately so she had it redone for free. :)

      Delete
  9. I visit beauty bricks salon last week.. But then the perm it doesnt look the way i wanted. It look like from braids. Do u think they can redone it as well? Since di nmn naachieved ung perm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. You can go back to have it redone sis. I have a friend who has very fine hair strands and the curls didn't took effect immediately so she had it redone for free. :)

      Delete
  10. I visit beauty bricks last week.. But then i didnt achieved the hair I want.. The perm looks like coming from a braids..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. You can go back to have it redone sis. I have a friend who has very fine hair strands and the curls didn't took effect immediately so she had it redone for free. :)

      Delete
  11. I visit beauty bricks last week.. But then i didnt achieved the hair I want.. The perm looks like coming from a braids..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. You can go back to have it redone sis. I have a friend who has very fine hair strands and the curls didn't took effect immediately so she had it redone for free. :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Ms. Karen! Do they offer hair color on top of stracurl? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis, I think it's not advisable since it could do more harm to your strands. Maybe let your hair rest for a month or two before having it colored :)

      Delete
  13. Hi po would you know kung open sila ng weekends? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Probably. But to be sure, call them first for appointment. :)

      BeautyBrick Hair Art Salon
      Unit 103 Dona Consolacion Bldg.
      122 Jupiter St. Bel Air, Makati
      Tel. Nos. 473-5108 / 0917-5200044

      Delete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system