Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

2nd DigiPerm at BeautyBrick Salon ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Its been a while since I last updated my blog.  After my trip to Morocco, I've been busy with work thus the stagnant state of Karenkeng's Blogski.  (plus the fact that I got hit with "tamaditis" ...haha!) Anyway, enough with all these excuses, here's a new entry for my blog. Yehey!! *clap clap* =P



As I was browsing through heaps of pictures I have in my inbox, I realized that I was not able to upload a new entry in my blog regarding my 2nd digiperm with BeautyBrick last April 2012. o_O I think a lot of you girls (and guys? LOL) would want to see how the curls or should I say waves looked before I had my second digiperm, yeah?

BEHOLD...here's how my stracurl (rebond + digiperm) looked like after 9 months:








I must admit, as months passed by, I got tired (and tamad) of scrunching and putting hair products onto my hair. >.< 

You can't blame me, I've been used to 7 years of rebonded hair.  As my friends commented during out of town trips, "Pagkagising mo palang, ayos kaagad ang hair! Hindi na kailangan magsuklay ha!" Yeah, rebonded hair is equivalent to wash and wear crowning glory.  Maybe, that's the reason why the curls turned to waves after 9 months. Teehee!

So time for some pampa-beauty time at BeautyBrick!


This time around, I opted for larger curls so they used 18mm & 21mm curlers as shown below:


Here are some pictures of the usual procedures done during the digiperm. By the way, I opted for just the digiperm this time. 

** To give you a brief background, the first procedure I had with BeautyBrick was StraCurl (rebond + digiperm) which costed me Php 5000 + tip. So for this 2nd procedure, I opted for just digiperm which costed Php 3,300. They gave me Php 200 discount since it's already my 2nd visit. :)




I can't seem to remember how long the whole procedure was but I think it took me 4-5 hours because the salon was jam-packed that day. Anyway, here are some shots of my hair after the procedure. 








Are you guys curious how my hair looked after 7 months? Ok, here are some shots. :)



Ok, the reason why my curls are still like these after 7 months is because I tied my hair into a doughnut bun. It's actually a cool way of having nice, natural looking curls, yeah? :)

If you guys are curious how my hair really looked if I didn't scrunch nor put hair products in it, then check out the picture below. =P


Yep! They're wavy kinda straight alright..haha! This picture was taken last December so that's 8 months after my digiperm.  

I know, I know, it's time for another BeautyBrick visit! Wait for the 3rd update...SOON. Teehee! :D 



UPDATE as of 17 August 2015:
Sorry for the late update, but if you guys are curious as to how my 3rd digiperm last January 2013 went, click here.



21 comments:

  1. I'm planning also to have digi perm. How I can get there? MRT? Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yishingshey! Its better siguro if you'll ride a taxi so the driver could drop you off at the salon's entrance :)

      Delete
  2. hello. i love ur blog :)) .. iam searching 4 the best salon that offers digiperm. at eto i saw ur blog plus may update kp.haha. takot akong magperm kase bk ndi umepek. haha. ganda nung sayo. kainggit!.. haha. anyways salamat sa blog nato.. ilove your hair. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia! :) You'll never know unless you try! Go na! The best ang Beautybrick. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi. I want to perm my hair on December, same salon. But my hair is still rebonded, already 5 months. Is it ok to permed my hair if its still rebonded (1 year if I will permed my hair on December)? And what's the difference between Stra-curl to the perm of Php3000-Php3500? And they have the different sizes of the curls? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest you go directly to the salon and have your hair examined. They'll check your hair personally if its healthy for a digiperm. They'll tell you naman if hindi pa pwede yung hair mo. :)Stracurl is a mix of rebond and digiperm. They'll rebond the upper part and curl the lower part. Digiperm is just curling the lower portion of your hair. Yes, they do have different sized for the curls so you can choose which you would prefer. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi po.

    Ask ko lang po opinyon niyo if anong curl mas maganda? Medium or Big curls? :) Since natry niyo na po both sizes :) Sabi po nila mas ok daw ang medium curls kasi mas lasting ung curls niya compare sa big pero sa nakita ko dalawang posts niyo po about stracurls. Mas bet ko po ung big curls niyo ngayon. Mas mukhang natural :)

    Ang ganda po ng review niyo. Mag papa stracurl din po kasi ako with my friend next saturday and it's my first time. Rebonded rin kasi hair ko last August 2012 pa so ngayon kulot kulutan na siya. hehe.

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      For first timers, I suggest the medium curls. :) Pag natuto ka na how to handle it, then pwede ka na sa big curls. Madali kasi mawala ang big curls so baka madisappoint ka. :)

      Try mixing #15 and #18 para natural ang dating. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Ms Khawen! Nagpa stracurl po ako kahapon lang (August 23) and Medium Curls po ang inadvised sakin ni Mr. Shin. and the result? I'm loving it!! reallly! :D tama nga po kayo an itry ko muna ang mediums curls kasi pag natuyo siya after nila iblowdry eh lumalaki ang curls parang natural lang :D buti nalang at hindi big curls baka mawala nga agad hehe. :)

    Thanks for the advise! I hope mag lalast din curls ko up to 9 months gaya ng sa inyo. Yun nga lang tiyaga tiyaga lang sa twisting (wet hair pa) and crunching pag wet and dry. hehe.

    I love you review talaga. Dahil sa review na ito, ndi na ako nagdalawang magisip mag pa stracurl and I really love it :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked your curls Yvette! :) Yup, tiyaga lang sa pag-twist and crunch so your curls will last long. :)

      Iwasan rin ang pag comb ng hair. Just finger-comb it while your hair is still wet. :)

      Enjoy and God bless you! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi! How much yung stracurl sayo? Depende sa length?

    I might have my hair stracurl next week. Hihi! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ** To give you a brief background, the first procedure I had with BeautyBrick was StraCurl (rebond + digiperm) which costed me Php 5000 + tip. So for this 2nd procedure, I opted for just digiperm which costed Php 3,300. They gave me Php 200 discount since it's already my 2nd visit. :)

      Delete
  7. You have a very nice curl..im having stracurl right now while reading your blog. Hope il get thr same result as yours :)
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Khawen!:)
    4yrs ago na since nag parebond ako. ilang salon na ang tumanggi na kulutin hair ko huhu :(
    sabi ng ibang salon kung ano daw ginamit na brand nung nag parebond ako, yun din daw dapat ang gamitin pag nag paperm?
    Nag padigiperm ako last year, di sya kumulot. pangit tuloy ng hair ko. hindi pa ko nag undergo ng any treatment since then.

    What's your advice? Gusto ko talaga ng digiperm and plan ko din mag pacolor ng hair..

    I'll wait for your reply.. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My advice would be to steer clear from any hair treatments (ie digiperm/rebond) for a while. Your hair probably has gone thru a lot of treatments kaya hindi na tumalab yung gamot (?)

      Digiperm is best done on virgin hair, meaning, no cellophane/rebond/hair color so if you really want a good curl, let your hair rest muna for 6-12 mos. :)

      Delete
  9. Hi...

    Im planning to have a stracurl digiperm next week. I was born with a naturally wavy hair kaso minsan dry n siya at di ako makapag bangs kasi kumukulot siya..
    It will be my 3rd time to do this pero digiperm na kasi yung dalawa is yung manual lang..
    Dun ba sa 5000 included na yung treatments??
    And maganda ba yung stracurl???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      The Php5000 is for the StraCurl process lang, no treatments. StraCurl for me is best for those who have wavy/curly hair, para ma-straighten muna yun upper part then curled yung lower part. :)

      Delete
  10. Im planning n mgpadigiperm this saturday..kso ngddlwang isip pko kc mdyo maigsi p un hair....wats the ideal length b ng hair for digiperm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      It depends on the look you wanna have eh. Even a shoulder length hair can be permed rin naman. But if you are to ask me, I would prefer to wait and get my hair long (like in the picture) before having it permed.

      Thanks!

      Delete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system